Monday, October 13, 2008

Are ya kidding me?


This was the view FROM my front porch on Saturday afternoon. We knew it was coming, I was somewhat prepared to have to wear closed-toe something or other to church on Sunday, and really there is something magical and exciting about the first snow...especially living up here on the mountain.


...but are you kidding me? This was the view OF my front porch on Sunday morning. It's the middle of October! The kids think it's totally cool, but if they ask me one more time to go out and build a snow man before I have the chance to unearth all of our snow gear, I'm going to lose it! Especially when I have to live with the stomach-turning mental images of all my Phoenix and Cali friends driving around with their windows down. Blah.



Chilly outside means nice and warm inside, though. Friday nights are designated movie nights for the kiddos. I love our huge loft, and this past Friday Spenc was so proud of his set-up. He hung Trin's princess veil and Mac hulled up in a super cool "tent bed." They got to stay up late, eat popcorn, and watch Nemo.


I went downstairs and did this...yeah for Friday nights!

3 comments:

Andrea said...

no!! I can't believe it's snowing already. In order to make myself feel better about not wearing sandals anymore I decided that I'm just going to have to find some new cute shoes. I think that might make me feel a little better. There's a blog you need to check out. You could win some cool stuff. She's a girl I know from back home and she must have way too much time to be on the computer. But I figured that maybe I should reap the benefits and try to win something. Go to http://shane-natalie.blogspot.com

Binns Family said...

LOL, that is really what I did when I saw the snow. You do have a great loft.

melissa said...

Really, I am not trying to make you jealous... in fact, I am kind of jealous truth be told. I am craving a dose of REAL fall/winter, sweaters, fires, hot chocolate, and leaves that change colors. I am seriously tired of all of these 90 degree California days, shorts, sandals, and air conditioning. It is the end of October for crying out loud! You want to trade places for a while?! Miss you!