Friday, October 19, 2007

Scenic byway? Biproduct...



Much to my shock, utter amazement, and pure excitement, at about 3:30 this afternoon Spencer calls down from his office/our bedroom (how romantic, right?) and says "T-15 we're going to drive up the canyon." Hurray! Finally the family time I've been dying to have since basically the beginning of August when our lives were uprooted. Well, you didn't have to tell me twice. Diapers were changed, snacks assembled, and kids loaded up in record time. It was a beautiful day here today, and with American Fork Canyon literally being 2 minutes from our house, I was ready to go!

What started out as a pleasant enough drive through the countryside made a steep turn downward the higher up the mountain we got. Mac, with his sixth sense for anything sugary and/or chocolate, was demonstrating loudly that he was well aware that I had more Sixlets hiding in the front seat. Then Trin kept complaining that her throat hurt. Me, being the ever-vigilant mother that I am, simply apologized and told her to keep looking for snow. Well, we had almost made the entire treacherous loop, coming out at Sundance resort in Provo, when...what was that? The sound of the birds in the vibrant orange trees? The nearby babbling brook? Nope. Trin puking all over the back seat. Apparently in 3-year-old land, a sore throat translates into "Mom, pull the car over, I have to spue my innards outward from the toes up!" I was not aware of this subtle translation until today.

I'm not sure what was worse...trying to figure out what in the world Trin had been eating the last 24 hours, or the painfully sympathetic glances of the passers-by. Smile and wave, let's keep it moving folks!

8 comments:

Binns Family said...

Sounds like a fun drive. Puke is the worst!

We will be in town this week. Wed to early Sun morning. I think my mom said we are all having dinner on Thur after you meeting. I can't wait.

Brittney said...

Gotta love being a mom. Does it ever stop? NO! Can I please have one more trip to Seattle just with my husband whom I can't seem to remember his name?

Hope Trin is feeling better though and it didn't get passed to the rest of ya. There is nothing like dealing with throw-up, except when you are dealing with your own at the same time. Wow this is a great comment!

Brittney said...

HAPPY

Brittney said...

HAPPY

Brittney said...

HAPPY

Brittney said...

HAPPY

Brittney said...

BIRTHDAY TRIN!

Brittney said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR TRINITY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!! WE WISH WE COULD CALL YOU, BUT YOUR MOM WON'T GIVE US YOUR NUMBERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!

I MISS YOU TRIN. I LOVE YOU, AND I LOVE YOU AND I WANT TO PLAY WITH TRIN, AND I LOVE POPCORN WITH HER, AND I LOVE TO GO TO THE STORE WITH HER, AND I LOVE TO GO BYE BYE WITH HER IN MY CAR. AND.... I LOVE LOVE TO PLAY DRESS-UP WITH HER, AND I LOVE TO EAT TREATS WITH HER AND TACOS AND THATS ALL OK!

I MISS YOU TRIN!