So, Triniti was having trouble the other night falling asleep...Dad to the rescue! Spencer went upstairs and tried to explain to her how to count sheep. The conversation that ensued was recounted to me as something like this:
"Okay, Trin, close your eyes and imagine a field. Now imagine a fence. Now imagine a sheep."
Giggle
"What's so funny? Do you see the sheep?"
"No, Dad. All I see is Barbie stuff.''
"Okay, fine. Imagine Barbie is running really really fast and she jumps as high as she can over the fence...one."
"Again, Dad!"
...and she didn't let him stop until six. Cute girl. Even cuter husband.We've had lots of stellar things going on the last couple of weeks. Possibly highest on my list has been the new dynamic between Trin and Mac. Their new favorite thing is to just head upstairs and play in Triniti's room. It's hilarious! They make up games, color, and yes...as the picture will show, they LOVE to dress up. This was the best pic of Mac I could get because he was too stinkin' proud of his outfit to stand in one place. Needless to say, this last week I ordered a bunch of manly man dress up clothes for my little princess. We now have a pile of capes, vests, hats, and even a Thomas the Tank Engine outfit! Spencer is very happy about this.
The story with the glasses and "obviously picked out by my pre-schooler outfits" is that Trin came home from preschool the other day claiming that she knew the entire Hanna Montana dance. What? I was not even aware that she even knew who that was, much less a whole choreographed show! Anyway, since then she loves to put together "rockstar" ensembles, and thus needed some
rockstar glasses to go with. So, this was a craft project one day. She got some glam shades, and Mac just ended up looking kind of nerdy. Oh well.
More big news...we're closing on a house on February 19th. This will be the first of our investment homes, but it will be our primary residence for the next two years. Those of you that know me best know that a 2 year committment is huge for us, so yay! We have a plan! Also...guess what! Adorable kiddo number three will be here the end of July. Surprise! I think a family of five is as big as we'll get, but we're very excited!
Tuesday, January 29, 2008
Everyday happenings
Posted by The Clawsons at 7:57 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







3 comments:
Can't ask for more then kids that love to play together. I am sad we missed them on our trip to Utah, but I am sure you were glad they did not come and get sick from the boys. We are planning to come in the summer and I hear you will have a community pool...so we will have to plan a trip up the mountain. Then we can see #3.
WHAT?!?! Did I miss it somewhere that you are prenanat??? As Sam would tell it... "WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON HERE!!!"
GIVE SOME DETAILS AND POST SOME PICTURES OF YOUR HOUSE. CONGRATS. THAT IS AWESOME!
LOVE YA
Dude, you snuck in some big news in the dress up and counting sheep blog. Though I was cracking up as barbie was hopping over the fence..Pregnant! Awesome! Congratulations! Also congrats on the house. Is it in Cedar Hills or somewhere else in the Valley? The thing is I usually get pregnant right after you and girl I am not ready yet!! so I am afraid I will have to sit out for this one. tell Spence congrats from us too!
Post a Comment