Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Crazy days


It's totally obvious what in the world I'm taking a picture of, right? Well, in case you didn't immediately put together that this is a cough drop stuck to my son's head, allow me to help you out. We had all gone to take my father-in-law to the airport, but didn't get out there until 5:30, so between the drive out and traffic back we more than depleted my supply of graham cracker snacks. The only thing left in my bag to tide us over until we picked up dinner was a stash of Halls Breezes. They did the trick, though, because my kids hardly ever get candy, and just assumed that that was what they were eating. Well...it wasn't until we got home that I realized that Mac apparently did not get his entire allotment because one ended up stuck to the top of his head. I can only guess that he somehow tossed it up there, because he kept asking for his "andy" but wasn't able to reach it once it was up there. I'm so proud.

Like I mentioned, though, we had Spencer's dad with us for the past week or so.


This was just a portion of the action that we've seen in the last little while, though. We had a family baptism, a family baby blessing, friends in from Vegas, and more friends from San Luis Obispo. I had soooooooooo much fun seeing my friend Melissa (love you too, Paul). She's got too adorable little girls, and although I wasn't able to hog them to myself the entire week, it was great fun while we got to hang out. We took the kiddos to Discovery (a great kid's museum in SLC) and played ourselves exhausted. There was also some shopping to be done, which makes for a great time any day. I miss them tons and I hope she knows how great a friend I've found in her!

More news from the frontlines...although I wasn't supposed to have my ultrasound until tomorrow, my OB called today and wanted me to come in "right now." Trin was able to go with me, and should just post a video of her telling the news because she loves to share it, but we're having another girl! I'm really excited...Spencer is dealing. I probably shouldn't have pointed out that that's double the prom dresses to buy, and two weddings to pay for. He'll survive. Essentially it's his fault, anyway!

I wish I could also post pics of our new house, but we still haven't closed, so I'm going to be forced to clean this house another week. Woe is me. We've got birthday parties, house guests, and Easter to look forward to, though, so I have plenty to keep my mind off my grotesquely unorganized closets. (Okay, okay...I just need to restack the tupperware, but that description sounded more pathetic!)

3 comments:

melissa said...

Congratulations! I am so excited for you! I do want a boy at some point, but girls are so much fun! Trin was such a good "big sister" to Avery while we were there- she will have so much fun with a baby girl! Paul and Spencer can commiserate together on the cost of prom dresses and weddings- although we will probably end up having ALL girls and be way worse off as far as all that goes!

I had soooo much fun with you guys! I miss you terribly! Thanks for everything! We will have to plan to visit (here, there, or somewhere else) soon! Love you!

Binns Family said...

I am excited you are having a girl...someone in the fam needs too...and Dave says it will not be us. But, you and Josh have it covered so far. We are excited to see you guys next week...it will be fun. Can't wait to see the house too. How exciting. Hope the closing happens soon. The waiting must be killing you.

Team O'Connor said...

I'm so excited for another girl! Amy's not poppin' any out so I'm glad I've got some back up :)
I got a welcome packet from Andrews Air Force Base (even though I don't get there until Nov) but they sent me maps and tourist guides, etc and I'm so pumped for Maryland! Maybe spring of next year you'll be ready to come hang out with me and have some fun.