Monday, March 24, 2008

Wow! What a weekend. I'm happy to report that we had a fantastic holiday weekend, despite my apprehension to host a big Easter dinner in my current house. No...we still haven't closed. Fingers crossed it will happen Wednesday! I had myself in a panic how I was going to fit everyone in here, and just knew it was going to be the end of the world that all of my great china hasn't been unpacked. It's amazing the little things that I let keep me up at night. I should not have been surprised that despite eating on paper plates, having all of my family around me was all that mattered!


The kids were soooooo excited to find their baskets full of goodies, despite that nasty little look Trin was sporting for the camera. Her treats consisted of Hannah Montana and princess stuff, and Mac's were ALL Cars stuff. Par for the course!


My parents and grandparents were here from Oregon, my aunt and uncle were back in town from their travels, and my cousin and her family were in from Colorado. Dinner turned out great, and after an egg hunt, Easter turned into an early birthday party for Mac and his cousin Brad.


The weather has been fantastic! Believe it or not, today it was about 60 degrees, and for those of you hoity toity beach goers posting about you 80 degree days in the sand (you know who you are) that might not sound like tropical weather, but it was bliss for us! My mommy and I spent the morning "boutiquing" and then ended up picking up lunch and picnicing with the kids at the park. I'm just sooooooo thankful for the change in weather. It just makes me feel so good, not to mention helping me feel like a better mom. The kids love being outside, and they haven't seen much grass lately.

4 comments:

melissa said...

Sorry about the beach pictures- I really wasn't trying to rub it in, but I did think of you as I was posting them! You just need to come visit! You are welcome anytime... you really need to come sometime before the new baby comes!

Sorry that your house hasn't closed yet! That is so frustrating! Hang in there!

Binns Family said...

I understand the sleepless nights over such things as dishes...I am about 100% sure it runs in the family. Thanks for the wonderful Eater Weekend. We had a fun time...even though we did have to eat on paper plates :) Hope you get into your new house soon.

Brittney said...

Hope everything worked out with your new house. You will have to post some pictures of it soon. Although I haven't talked to you in years... :( its fun to read about your fam and what is going on. Sam actually was talking about Trin the other day how she was her BFF (best friends forever) in Utah! BFF is the new word. Anyway, Pax is here and everything is great! Hope you are feeling great too.
Talk to you soon?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!???

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TV de LCD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tv-lcd.blogspot.com. A hug.