Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Just taking some time...

The kiddos are in bed, the laundry is mid-cycle, and game five of the Laker game is only half way through the first quarter (no need to get worked up yet), so I wanted to take a few minutes to just be grateful. For those of you disappointed at finding several paragraphs of text and no pictures, I have to apologize. The obvious disconnect has been the fact that the camera is inside the house, and the charger is in my husband's car...an inconceivable distance away in the garage. I promise I'll get to it!

I had a wonderful Mother's Day, though, and more for my own benefit I wanted to reflect on some of my many small and simple blessings. My latest joy has been to listen to Mac counting. He loves to count anything and everything, and when this is done in his little version of toddlerese, it's totally cute! He does 1-10 just perfectly, and then adds a twelve, thirteen, seventeen, and twenty in for good measure. My favorite is when he's counting snacks (whether it be raisins, goldfish, or the like) and he gets to ten, he'll sometimes call out "ready or not here I come!" Meals are never boring in my house! I also love the "good morning mommy, good morning sunshine" greetings in the mornings, and the random "I lub you mommy" accompanied by the sweetest little boy hugs you've ever seen! I adore both my children, but I totally have a crush on my little man. (Big news!!! Mac spent his first night with his crib converted into a toddler bed and didn't get out once! He loves his big boy bed!)

Trin never ceases to amaze me. Her new favorite phrase is "I suppose." Tonight she "supposed" that she would try a mozzarella stick as long as it didn't have any sauce. We've had some listening issues the past couple of days, but she has such a sweet, tender little heart. She is the most thoughtful little girl I know. She's constantly coming up with ideas that she thinks Mac would love, saving part of her school treat for him on the ride home, drawing me pictures, or even asking to help around the house.

I wouldn't have either of these amazing little people without my sweet husband. I love to watch him with our kiddos. They adore him, and there aren't many dads out there that would risk life and limb to take his kids to Chuck E Cheese's for the sake of having a fun family night out.

I've really been struggling the last couple of weeks because I've been really tired and there are a lot of days that I feel like I've cheated my family in some capacity...whether it's feeling like I didn't have the kids out and active, or didn't cook what I had planned. I'm sure these sound like really petty things, but because I love them all so much, I have trouble coming to terms with shortcomings because they deserve the best! Wow, I'm hormonal! In short, I just hope that I show and remind them enough just how much I love and adore them.

Blah...I gotta get some pics taken so I have something else to fill my blog space!

1 comments:

Brittney said...

I MISS MY KELLI! Reading your blog reminded me how much I miss our talks. How we would start a sentence and go through 8 other topics before we finally finished the first sentence. Your so cute and SUCH a good mom so don't ever feel like you jipping your family. My poor husband would do anything to just get a clean house every night so tell Spenc he is lucky! Oh well... You do what you can! Anyway, I miss ya and hope you start feeling a little better! LOVE YA!