Monday, July 28, 2008

She's here!



...and she even has a name! Addison Renae Clawson arrived Wednesday afternoon, just before 3 p.m. weighing in at a whopping 6 lbs. 5 oz. and 19 in. I have absolutely no idea what to do with a kiddo this small. It's been several days, now, and I'm still scared to change her little diaper. I remember several weeks ago taking out one of her newborn diapers thinking that it was so tiny, but they look massive next to her. My other two kiddos were right around eight pounds, so this is a new experience!

All eventually turned out well, but I went from 6 cm to delivering a baby in just over 15 minutes, so there was some excitement for a few brief moments. I feel fantastic and have had a great recovery, and adding number three to our little family has proved much less daunting (for whatever reason) than when I came home with Mac.
Addi is such a great baby, a fantastic eater, and other than having needed a Billibed for a couple of days (hopefully tomorrow will be it), things are going great! I'll keep my post short, and just shower you with pics!

9 comments:

Binns Family said...

Addi is very cute! I can't wait to see her...hopefully in August. Trin looks like a natural holding her. I am glad that you are doing well and recovering so fast.

Mighty Mighty Rudds said...

Congratulations!! I am so glad that you emailed, it's nice to be back in touch. It is crazy how much your life, and your family, has changed since we saw you last! Congrats on Addi, small babies are fun, don't worry I haven't broken any of mine yet!
Bethany

melissa said...

She is just beautiful! Congratulations! I am so glad she is here and everyone is healthy and happy! I can't wait to see more photos (and get the full story- I will call you on my drive home from the bay area tomorrow and we can chat)! Love you all! Give baby Addi a kiss from us!

Carin said...

Congratulations! Addi is just adorable. You & Spence pick the cutest names. My best to all of you.

Mark and Jana said...

Kelli, I'm sorry i didn't come in and tell you congratulations after you had her. I felt bad,so sorry. I saw Spencer in the nursery when she got her bath. She is so cute and tiny. Jana

Tal gal said...

She is gorgeous! Congratulations! I have been thinking about you I knew you were counting the days! Yahoo!

Jill said...

I'm so glad I found your blog through Kasey's, I've been wondering about you and your little baby! Lot's of people from over here on Doral have been asking me about you so now I have something to tell them. I'm glad Addison got here safe and sound and I'm sure she will be just as beatutiful as Trin and Mac. So fun, it actually makes me even more excited for our little arrival to get here. Hope all is going well and don't become a stranger! kyle-jill.blogspot.com

Shawna said...

Hey Kelli! I saw your blog on Brittney's. I had no idea you were having another baby. She is beautiful. Congrats. I can't believe how big Mac is. Last I saw him was last year at swimming lessons. He's sooo cute!
It's good to see you and I'm glad things are going good for you!

Team O'Connor said...

Yay! Congratulations. Yeah, she's teeny! I'm glad you're getting better quick. Hopefully it helps to have your parents close by this time.
So I only have 2 months 'til I go to DC. You can come visit whenever you want! I'll probably stop by Utah before I go so I'll make sure to meet my new 2nd cousin :) Love ya!