Thursday, June 12, 2008

I am entirely past the point of embarassed, and have now moved into the realm of "I'm pregnant and seem to have lost my ability to multitask while chubby." This is all, of course, in reference to excatly how long it's taken me to blog since my last post. I'm convinced, though, that my best excuse for this is because you would think since the end of May until now that the weather would have officially lapsed into the lazy days of summer and we'd all be in shorts by now. Oh no...this is not so. We had sleeting rain at my house yesterday, so you see! It's as if no time at all has passed seeing that on the day of Trin's graduation it was cold and rainy, too!


At the expense of my readers, I'm just simply going to post a bunch of pictures of my silly little people to help me summarize what we've been up to the last month. To preface these, though, I'll leave you with a little bit of an explanation. The end of May we spent a few days in Phoenix for Scott's (Spencer's little bro's) high school graduation, but managed to squeeze in some pool time, seeing some much missed friends and fam (sigh), and shopping at my favorite outlet store for kids' clothes.

We celebrated Mac's second birthday on the second of June. I can't believe my little man is so big! To hear him talk, though, you wouldn't be surprised. It was a laid back, totally fantastic day. We spent several hours at Thanksgiving Point Barn (Mac was given the choice between here and the zoo) riding ponies and feeding the animals. We enjoyed some lunch and birthday ice cream, and then home for presents. He TOTALLY enjoyed himself...except now he asks to open birthday presents at least twice daily.

Other than that, we've just had a steady stream of visitors, which is great, but I STILL don't have my house entirely put together, and I can't get past feeling embarrassed to walk anyone through this perpetual work-in-progress.

And now the pics!



6 comments:

Amberly said...

kelli, it is so fun to stumble across your blog, your kids are darling! I hope you're feeling more settled and that you can get done in your home what you want before the little one gets here!

Binns Family said...

Looks like you guys are having a fun summer. I hope you are feeling well...not too much longer and little Marli will be here.

Brittney said...

Hey Kel it was sooooo good to spend a couple of hours with you last week. I love the whole Clawson Fam. Sam loved playing with Trin and even Mac and Coops had fun. You look great, not 8 months prego!!! Thanks for squeezin' us in while you were down here! love you guys!

Kasey Lighten said...

Kell,

I MISS YOU!!! We really missed you guys up at Yellowstone...MOrgan was soo bummed when I told her Trin wouldn't be attending the campout. It looks like you guys are having fun though! Are you sooo ready to be done??

Team O'Connor said...

That picture of Mac on the pony so reminds me of our pictures from Knott's Berry Farm. Granted we weren't dressed as cute, or he's not dressed as ghetto 80's.

Binns Family said...

So, what's the deal...is Marli out now? She will be here soon...I am sure you are so ready...good luck with the last few weeks.