Saturday, January 17, 2009

Because I look like this in the bath tub

Because I look like this in the bath tub, minus the cute and squishy thing Addi has going for her, I was sooooooooooooo sick this entire last week. Yep, that's right. It's my own fault, really. Apparently I joked out loud one too many times about wanting some sort of tapeworm or flu nastiness to jump start my diet. Well it happened, and by Sunday morning, I quite frankly did not care if I was Fatty McGee the rest of my adult life if it meant feeling the way I did.
So this post has several purposes. The first is to brag about my little people. Addi is a fantastic napper, so she crashed out for her regular 2 to 2.5 hour nap twice a day, and Trin and Mac seriously built forts and colored all week. They've been such troopers. None of the rest of my family got sick, thank goodness. So for putting up with my cooties I've committed to Chuck E. Cheese's next week...the ULTIMATE reward.
The next purpose is to publicly commit myself. Nothing like the fear of embarassment in type to motivate yourself! So here's the scoop. I'm cheating a little bit by posting this Saturday night since my plan is to do this every Monday, but this crazy fat girl ate me and I haven't been able to get out! I could spew out some fantastic excuses, but frankly my fingers do not have the stamina. Nonetheless, I'm putting myself out there. I don't know how, but before I got sick I still had 20 pounds to lose to get to my goal weight...we'll just call that X. My lowest weight this week was X-10, which I was secretly thinking was fantastic, but since I had to break down and ingest something other than cranberry juice, I'm more like X-5, which still puts me a quarter of the way there! So every Monday I'll be checking in with everyone to keep myself on track, which also means I'll be posting more regularly, too. Doubly good!
The third and final purpose of this post was to simply put a cute naked baby on my blog.

4 comments:

Kellianne said...

Hey Kelli-I'm totally with you...except I have more like x-40. So good luck to us both! And it really is a cute pic.

Jill said...

Love the pic of your little girl. I miss you, hope you love your new area. I love the fatty mcgee talk I totally know how you feel. hope you are feeling better.

THE PACK FAMILY said...

I've put on a few the last few months myself! I need someone to eat good and exercise with. Maybe we could do this in our minds over ESP curents or something?

Natalie Jane said...

This gets me excited for my baby to come! She is adorable!