The conversations Trin and I have are not normally the regular 5-year-old variety. Her favorite line is "tell me about..." and it could be anything. I've been asked several times who made Heavenly Father, how our lungs work, how does water get to our house, etc. Last night Spencer was in bishopric meetings so I loaded up all three kids and took them down to the bronch lab to have Addi suctioned again. The moon was just a slight crescent, so we were talking about how the shadow of the earth makes it small, with lots of questions about space interspersed. The gist of it went like this:
Mac: Mom, when the sun goes to sleep, outerspace wakes up. I want to be an astronaut and go on Buzz (i.e. the Buzz Lightyear ride at Disneyland) and shoot the spookie monsters.
Mom: That's really cool Mac. Do you want to be an astronaut when you grow up?
Mac: Yes! When I'm a big man. Boys have pecs.
Mom: What do you want to be when you grow up, Trin?
Trin: Mom, I've already told you that I'm going to be a fairy when I grow up. But wait, can astronauts have pink space suits?
Mom: I suppose they can.
Trin: Okay, then. I can be a pink fairy astronaut because I want to go on a planet without gravity.
Mac: I'm going to be green!
Trin: Mom, what do you want to be when you grow up?
um...........







2 comments:
You get to be the proud mom of two astronaut's. A pink one and a green one.
Your kids are so cute, I wish you still lived by us! It was so fun talking with you today, keep in touch.
Post a Comment