***Just as a disclaimer, the universe is conspiring against me. I've sat down several times to post. A while ago, I couldn't get my computer to save my pic formatting, and today blogger has refused to upload my images, so for now you'll be getting a slide show. The following was written previous to this crisis.***
Would ya look at that!?! We're already a week into January, and I haven't posted since the middle of October. I know none of you are spectacularly shocked, but really, I have thought about it. I even went so far as to promise...PROMISE my friend Brittney that I would have something by the end of the day that I talked to her. Well, it didn't happen! Deal! But here's what HAS happened since October 14th, or whenever the last time was I managed to have the desire to do something other than watch The Biggest Loser while eating my mother-in-law's cookies at the end of the day.
Halloween happened! I didn't actually manage to get all the kids in a pic at once, but for poterity's sake, Trin was a cat, Mac was the most handsome pirate you've ever seen, and Addi was a less-than-amused pumpkin...for like two seconds. We opt to decorate rather than carve pumpkins in our house, but they still turn out great! And the one pic of Trin at her school program is of everyone else singing and her refusing to, with her fingers in her ears, because she was petrified of this "spooky walk" song for two straight months!
Trin turned 5! I gave her the choice to either have a party and invite friends, or have one special friend out for a girls' day. She chose to have her cousin Grace spend the day with her, and wow... do those two know how to be girls. They got to pick where I took them for lunch. It was Burger King. I don't know that Trin had ever even been there before, but apparently Grace heard they had really cool toys. After that it was to the spa for up-do's, and a mini pedi and mani.
Thanksgiving was fantastic. We had an enormous gathering at Spencer's grandparents' house, and his grandma and mom did an amazing job with the tables and spread. I, however, did not take any pictures. Here are some to cover the month of November I seem to have lost, though. Mid month I took the kids to California for some much needed away time, and how in the world I managed to NOT take any pictures while we were at Dland is beyond me, but we did go visit my grandma and I got some while we were with her. My grandparents also made the trip from Oregon, via Colorado and my Uncle Jeff, while totally sick to come see us! We sure appreciated it, and wish we could have had you for longer! Thanks guys! We love you.
And December...what a month! We've lived so many different places, that this year there were old and new traditions to be had! The SLC temple lights were fantastic! We spent a chilly evening walking the grounds with Spencer's family, but the kids loved it. What a spirit there is there! Excitement, humility, reverence...all rolled into one! Trimming the tree was also quite a job this year. I'm not sure how I feel about having had an artificial tree in my house, but we had Spencer's parents' 12-footer on loan, and it was totally amazing! Our Christmas presents from my parents came early. Spencer and my brothers got to go indoor skydiving at this really great place in Ogden. Promise...Ogden! There are a few cool things going on up there! Trin and I were treated to Ballet West's performance of the Nutcracker. Trin's favorite was the Big Buffoon.
Our big Christmas dinner was the Monday before with Spencer's side of the family, and it was frantically entertaining as always. Christmas eve we always stay up watching The Polar Express while we make Santa's cookies and have hot chocolate. The kiddos didn't get up until 8:30 on Christmas morning, so my gift came early! (Not that, ya sickos...sleeping in!) The kids totally were spoiled, but I do have to admit they were very good this year, as is generally the case. I'm very blessed. Santa knows his stuff, but my family also is so good to them. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
New year's passed fairly quietly, but that wasn't necessarily a bad thing after all the festivities. It was simply a time to be with my little family in my great big house and enjoy just being together. We spent new year's day at this great children's museum we have in SLC, and that was enough! I'm sooooo looking forward to what this new year has to bring for us. We have so many adventures; some planned, others not. So, I would not have a guess what it holds in store. I just know that we are so lucky, and undeservingly blessed.










4 comments:
I was beginning to wonder if you had fallen off the face of the earth! Happy to hear that you have just been busy. Things have been CRAZY busy here lately too. Thinking of you!
Hey Kelli! I'm so glad you found my blog! It was fun reading your Oct-Dec post. I can totally hear you in the way you write - it's great! The pictures of your house in the October snow look lovely.
Finally!!! Looks like you had great holidays. Addi is getting so big. She looks like you.
Oh her face... SOOO CUTE!!!!!! I can't tell if Addi is more Mac or Trin. I think a good mix! Oh sooo cute! I can't believe she already is soooo big! I expected her to look so little!! What is she 5-6 months? YIKES!! I am sooo sad to hear how we missed so many things in the Clawson world! Especially Trins birthday! Poopy friends over here!!!! Anyway thank you for FINALLY posting some pics of Addi and the rest of the clan. Honestly.. WAS IT REALLY THAT HARD!! GET ON THE BALL KEL! :)
LLLLOOOOVVVEEEE YYYAAAA!!!!
Post a Comment