Thursday, March 12, 2009

Why yes, yes it is.

I'm not entirely sure why, but every now and then my computer refuses so save my editing changes when I switch the orientation of my pictures. So, for half of these it might be helpful to lie down on the floor to view. I'm sure you'll get the point, however. We've not been up to anything particularly exciting, or at least out of the norm. Every day is exciting at the Clawson residence. I thought I'd post a few of the highlights, though.

I pride myself on being "in the know" when it comes to super cool kid events and goings on around where I live (i.e. all the free days at surrounding museums, craft days at the park, etc.) and today I hit the motherload! One of our SLC libraries was having a county contributing book sale. Is this the stack of 25 children's books that I scored for $6.85 including tax? Why yes, yes it is!
Is this the little girl that is lying on the couch at 9:00 p.m., WAY past her bed time, scared to death to sleep in her own bed after stumbling upon a book at said book sale with a disturbingly creepy picture of a preserved body from the Ice Age on the cover? Why yes, yes it is! (That stupid book was in the kids' section, too!)

Is this the cutest naked baby you've ever seen? Don't act like you even have a rebuttal. Why yes, yes it is! It's also the same baby that just pounded two bowls of cereal.
Is this sweet little face that of a little boy, albeit however reasonable he usually is, that just decided to see if he could lodge a raisin in the deepest abscess of his brain via his nasal canal? Why yes, yes it is! I was in the family room, and I heard this sweet little voice tell me, "Mom, I think I need some help." He really only stared to panic when I told him I was going to put a toothpick up his nose, but I didn't have a pair of tweezers skinny enough. It worked like a charm, though. I just pinched off the bridge and delicately pierced the offending fruit. Voila! This is also the little boy that found me the other day and told me he was "terribly hungry." It was just pathetic.

And just for good measure, the littlest stink again.


3 comments:

melissa said...

Finley stuck 2 unpopped popcorn kernels up her nose. Love that!

I am always impressed at your knowledge of kids activities/opportunities (and more importantly your willingness to go to all of them:)

The kids are all getting so big! Can't wait to see you all- yeah, it might not be until September, but at least we have something to look forward to!

Jill said...

A raisin up the nose...I would freak out! I am proud of you for staying calm and figuring out a toothpick would work! I am sure I have many of those days ahead of me with Tyler! I will rely on the toothpick technique--thanks for that tip! Oh the joys of motherhood!

Jill said...

P.S. Your kiddos are so adorable and getting so big!!!