Because this is what our Easter looked like... (nevermind world's creepiest Easter Bunny E.V.E.R...I mean the snow and the runny noses)
We take advantage of every opportunity we have to do this...
At places like these...
We picnic every opportunity we get at this time of year. I never thought I would be so excited to see green buds on trees, but alas, I find myself taking pictures of them I'm so ecstatic!
As for that creepy Easter Bunny...he's not very smart, either. We took the kids down to the Draper City egg hunt, and that was fantastic! It was really well put together, and the age groups were broken down in very small increments so as to avoid bruises and bloody noses in pursuit of all that glorious wax-based candy. Our neighborhood hunt, however, did not run as smoothly. That creepy bunny thought it would be a good idea to simply explain that when he blows the whistle the first time, ages 0-5 would go, and every 2 minutes following he would again blow his whistle for the next group until everybody had gone. You can only imagine what happened as soon as he blew it the first time! Snow. Crying. Falling. Swimming. (Not my kids. The unsupervised teenagers that fell into the stream that runs through the park) And if that weren't enough, I had told Trin when she asked about the golden egg that she spotted on the walk over that she needed to leave it there until the hunt started. Well, where we ended up when the whistle blew was on the opposite side of said stream, and she couldn't get to it. It didn't even phase me that it would hold any special significance. She just wanted it because it was shiny! Next year we'll know to find those shiny eggs at the expense of life and limb because you should have seen the gigantic gift baskest that those shiny-egg-finding-kids left with! I felt like Charlie when he hadn't yet found the golden ticket. Oh well.







0 comments:
Post a Comment